1. People are always asking me where I get my inspiration from. In this instance I was waiting to pay at the supermarket checkout! My eyes happened upon a picture of a chocolate cake! When I got back home ,this is what happened next…….
2. I used an old Turkish Delight box, left over from Christmas. You could paint it, but I just covered it in dark cardboard to cover the writing.
3. Wielding my glue gun, I began ruching /gluing with brown ribbon around the outer edge of the lid. As I worked my way to the centre, I tried looping the ribbon more randomly which gave the inner section a bit more height. (if I were to do this project again ,I would use a mixture of sheer and satin ribbon on the top)
4. Around the side of the lower box, I put brown ribbon and overlayed it with a lighter one. Luckily, I happened to have some which had ‘chocolat’ printed on it, which was perfect.
5. I filled the box with wood shavings and popped foil covered eggs in it.
6. Voila! Here’s the finished gift for my Mum at Easter. Ironically it was my Mum who gave me the empty box in the first place saying ‘ I’m sure you’ll think of something to do with this’. Wonder if she’ll recognise it! You could use camembert boxes etc